Monday, July 16, 2007

Leaving Phase 1

One more day of classes, a day of review, then we have a midterm on Thursday. Yes, already a midterm!

I think a lot of us are starting to get out of the "honeymoon phase" and are now moving into the second stage of culture shock. I looked up the symptoms, but I personally dont think I have many of them. I was especially interested in whether or not my extreme fatigue had anything to do with culture shock, but I havn't found that as a symptom yet.

Today (and a little bit yesterday) has just been exhausting, for no reason. All day today I felt really weird, like a zombie. I couldnt fully awake and I took a 30-minute nap before class, 10-minute nap in between classes, and a 2 hour nap after classes. My mind just feels really fuzzy. Who knows.

Also, I was curious if I was experiencing culture shock because I watch the NBC Nightly News on my iPod everyday and last night I even downloaded a weekly hour-long podcast of Catholic Classes. Who knows.

I found out about 10 minutes ago that a girl in my class that I was just beginning (two gs? I really do think my English is suffering) to become friends with is leaving because she absolutely hates it here and thinks our program is complete crap.

I don't blame her, who wants to deal with this:

(the floor is see-through glass over an indoor pond)

No comments: