Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tea and Surprises

Friday night we headed to the Laoshe Tea House for a little show whil sipping on tea. Instead of a tea ceremony it was more like a variety show, offering acrobats, kungfu performaces, magic, and shadow puppetry. The tea was decent, but we checked out the private rooms and they are absolutely beautiful! So we plan on returning. I definately plan on returning because look at what I found at the entrance to the teahouse:


Saw a picture of Clinton on a banner at the Terracotta Warriors site, so I think this makes up for it. Though, don't be fooled, its not bronze. I almost knocked it over!

Saturday was more lackisdasical. My friend bought some badmitton rackets and shuttlecocks. (Each racket was under 5kuai a piece, keep in mind 7.5kuai=$1). We've already had a few badmitton championships in our one day of actually owning these. Before we packed them up and took them to a beautiful park next to the Forbidden City, one of the students got some really bad news.

I was heading from the 4th floor to the 1st, when I saw some maintenence workers bolting to the second floor. When I reached the second floor landing I noticed a loud sound of rushing water, I peaked down the hall and there is certainly was a flood of water coming out of a students room. As I approach the room, I notice a fetid smell. Yes, the sewer pipe broke and errupted in this kids room. It was horrible. His Chinese roommate was there at the time reading Harry Potter. Only the stuff on the floor and the random objects around were affected, but otherwise, most of their stuff was stored in their bureau... thank God.

After the park at Tianamen, a Chinese roommate took a few of us out for Hunan (or Hubei, I forgot) Province food, which is known for its spice. Once I learned that she wanted to order duck stomach, I knew it was going to be a repeat of our past experience. Though, this stuff was good! Lots of garlic, spice, peppers, cilantro (Chinese parsley)...

This is the chicken stomach. I had no problem stomaching the stomach this time. It was served cold and was very tasty in light of the other really spicy dishes that we ordered.

On the way to the restaurant I found this:

No slurpees...

Today is 1.) prepare for my parents arrival, 2.) do homework, 3.) go shopping for funny clothing, 4.) read Harry Potter (I'm half way done) Day.

Ooooh... here's a shirt I spotted last night:

T shirt reads:
NYC is the bomb
Yo! That rapper
Gots the Flava

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on ashleymergen.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Research shows that about 50% of all USA adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.