Thursday, August 2, 2007

When it rains it pours...

So last night we took a break from studying and mosied on down to a bar that served American food (Xican) and some trivia for fun. I had my first sandwich and salad and my-oh, it was great!

The trivia, was a whole 'nother thing. I think we were one of about 10 or 12 teams (ours had 8 people) and the trivia was so much harder than we expected! The first round consisted of identifying famous cartoon mice, the second round was identifying famous ships (real, ficitious, floating, and galatic...), third round was history, fourth science and botony, and fifth (and my expertise) was music. At the music round we had to find a common theme between 10 songs that we had to identify. The theme was pretty obvious: Down with George W. Bush. I can't even escape it in China!

Oh, did I mention that my team tied for last place? We're pretty much the bomb. Literally.

As I was waiting for some of my friends to exit the bar, I noticed a guy coming down the stairs wearing a "Plano West" t-shirt. Turns out he graduated from Plano the same year I graduated from Frisco. My oh my the world really is small!

Also, while we were in the bar, this happened:


This idiot got his truck stuck in a man hole.



FYI- note to the wise. When the streets flood, the gutters/sewers also flood. Not very sanitary!

Needless to say, we decided not to take a taxi home.
Oh, and I woke up this morning to no electricity. lovely.

Today for a study break, Natalie and I went to a place near by to get a foot massage. There was some back, some arms/hands, but mostly foot. For about 1 1/4hr. 41kuai. That's about $5.50.

Oh, and I got cupped for the first time. That's when they take a fire and light up a glass rim then put it on parts of your body (today it was the bottom of my feet). It feels like a hot suction cup. They move it all over your foot then let it sit there for like 5 minutes. I grabbed for my camera, but I forgot to bring it! Next time...

Back to studying... one more week, one more test. :-)

No comments: