Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Alive and Kickin'

Hello all! After 5 days in Beijing, and what seems like ions since my last post, just want to let you know that we're alive and kicking.

Just as a brief overview:
Day 1: Parents went to Forbidden City & Tiananmen Sq, I had graduation
Day 2: Summer Palace allllll day long
Day 3: Pearl Market (6 hours) & Silk Street (3 hours) (while mom and I were at Pearl Market, dad went to Temple of Heaven across the street)
Day 4: Great Wall & Ming Tombs
Day 5: Today, fly to Chongqing (southern/central China) to catch our cruise down the Yangtze. Will end in Wuhan on Saturday.

Right now I'm sitting with my Starbucks watching my mom attempt to shove her "Burberry" and "Gucci" purses into her suitcase. Don't really have time to get into details or post pics now, will do so later. But I'm sure many of you have already been kept informed through my parents emails.

Hope you all are staying dry, and for those of you who must return to school soon, be good!
-Ashley

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is next for you? Do you have another semester or do you have all that time to just travel??

It has been really awesome reading your blog. :)

Hannah

RyMer said...

When did mom get so skinny?