Friday, October 5, 2007

Heck Yeah!

Last night 2 friends and I visited the Modern Sky Festival, which featured a bunch of Chinese bands in addition to their headliner, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

The Chinese bands were fine, but honestly, I wasn't there to see them. Again, I'd like to reiterate that Chinese concert ettiquette is amazing. No pushing, everyone has their own personal space, etc...

We staked our claim in the front against the barricades. Ended up making friends with police (begging them to get us a parka because it was raining), people who worked there, and other fans.


Once YYY took the stage, I ended up persuading the guy who operates the camera lift to let us in this fenced off area so we can have more space to dance and act crazy. I must say, I do enjoy being a foreigner out here. We are treated differently from the regular joe. I'd say that the only time being a foreigner is not a good thing to be is when you're riding in a taxi or buying things, because they'll try to cheat you.

Anyways, we danced our shoes off, litterally. Thanks to all of the mud



Karen O.




My spoils from the show: A drumstick from Joyside and a rose that Karen O (YYY's singer) threw off stage!


This is a very amature video of them playing my favorite song "Down Boy." Please excuse the shaking, as I was jumping quite a bit!

1 comment:

Derek said...

You saw Joyside?! I fucking love Joyside! I saw them with Stacy in Wudaokou.