Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weeping Willows (literally)

Heyo!

Last night we went to a place called Houhai for pizza. Its another area where all of the expats/foreigners/white people frequent. This time, I can see why they go there!

Houhai is filled with trendy bars and restaurants each with their own character lining a "lake". You can even rent boats for a pretty decent price and have a little tea party on the lake with your own private musician.




Today we went to the Summer Palace and it FAR exceeded my expectations. We had from 10am-2pm to scourage the area and I thought we would get bored with it fast, but not so. We hiked up to the top of a hill and saw some temples, then we walked around this GIANT lake. The lake was so big, that we thankfully came upon a boat dock and took a boat across to our meeting spot, just a few minutes before the buses were to leave without us!








Summer palace is probably a WHOLE day thing. Also, though rainy, the temperature was just perfect and the rain made all of the weeping willows and bridges and the lake look so beautiful. Needless to say, we've all vowed to come back here on a pleasant sunny summer or fall day (2 of the people I went with are also staying here through December).

:-) Oh, and for those who've been asking. I'm not sick of the food yet. I really like it. So, I guess my weight loss regimin wont get in kick for a while!

No comments: