Wednesday, June 27, 2007

:-)

Today was a much better day. I feel good, despite an oncoming cold (yes, even when its supposedly 100 degrees outside! [I still dont feel it, though- the heat, that is]).

It amazes me how cheap things are out here. I know I talk about food a lot, but I think thats a big part of their culture. Tonight my roomie and I went out for some noodles (for Tammie's sake, b/c I havnt had any yet) and for 2 bowls of noodles and a pot of tea it cost 14kuai, a little less than $2. I think I picked the right country. My mama always said that I had champagne tastes with a beer budget, well, I'm putting my money where my mouth is (no pun intended).

Also, thanks for everyone's comments/emails/facebook messages! I'm glad this blog could be of interest to you!

I don't think you have to "sign up" to comment, so by all means, be sure to comment on here!

I love and miss y'all!
-Bugs/Ashley/Ash/Mergen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HELLO ASHLEY! I forgot you went to China and now I remembered :) Don't ask how I found your blog cause I don't remember... maybe off Jessica's facebook? Anyhow! I laughed at your Nestle Cheerios... they have those in the Philippines.

Eh. I just wanted to say hi :) And I'm glad you're having fun :)

Aliza

Tammie said...

FUNNY FUNNY CHEERIOS. I'll talk to your roommate after and see how many she steps on by August.

NOODLES ARE YUMMY!!!!!!!! for your tummmmmmmmmyyyyyyy

Jessica Carter said...

AHREYYYYYYYY
i miss you.. i love reading your blog!!!! i've been hearing scraps of infor about from from colleen, it sounds like you are loving it..you are going to have such an amazing time.. i can't wait when 6 months from now you are gonna be so fluent.. can I just say p-i-mp. haha. holla.. anyways say hi to your roomate!! and i will definitely definitely be in touch.. :):)
xxoxoox