Monday, June 25, 2007

Mama's Home Cookin'

My roommate invited me to eat some of her friend's (I think its her boyfriend, but she denies it) mom's home cooking. She sent it to him and this is considered a "traditional" chinese meal. It is glutenous rice with pork/fruit in center wrapped in some kind of leaf. It was actually pretty good:



This one has fruit:


And my new breakfast:


Not as great as the original. Notice Nestle takes the lead on producing it instead of General Mills. Obviously, these are sugar-coated.
Oh, Mr. Jacob! I found Cucumber-flavored Lays potato chips today!
再见!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

mmmm looks yummy!! hehe aunt patty and i had chinese the other day and i spoke chinese with my server...dumplings were outstanding and the owner didnt charge us at all...they just wanted to teach me more chinese! lol..you went to china and china came to me...it all works. :)

Tom said...

Ashley, glad to hear that you've found some unique Lay's over there. How were they? Be on the lookout for others and let me know.

Thanks for keeping us in touch.