Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Moving In

I am officially in my dorm now. It is smack dab in the middle of a community. The zoo is not in sight, smell, or mind. Here is my dorm room:


My room's not too bad. Needless to say that the bathroom situation is an entirely different story. They will take a lot of getting used to, not being able to flush toilet paper, sinks that look like horse basins, and showers that can take up to 15 minutes to get warm water. Good news is that I won't have to squat. We have one chinese toilet and 3 western ones on my floor (4th floor). My floor is all girls, 3rd is all boys, 2nd is mixed. I think I got the short end of the stick... but whatever.
I had my first real chinese meal tonight. I went with 6 kids from UNC who have been traveling around China for the past week, so I followed their lead. A large meal for only $2.50 American is a great deal, but I do forsee my shapely figure to size down a bit.
I went to a "French Walmart" tonight and that was hectic. Cheap quality goods, but, the crowning glory of my sojurn was finding my chocolate koala bears that I loved when in Japan and a six-pack of corona for less than $2. (I didnt buy that last one, fyi)
This new life is going to take a while to get used to...
Anways, thats that.
-Bugs
PS- I can edit my blog, but the government has my actual site blocked, so I don't think I can read it. I'm going to work on that....

1 comment:

Tammie said...

i support this change. think about it- less clogged toilets for RPM to ignore, a shorter shower time in the morning = more sleep, and we weren't used to boys anyway. i like the picture of your dorm. it's pretty nice. and clean. :-)

love love love love love love love
NOT