Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Miracle

Our teachers cancelled our Friday test!

Soooo... since we had to wait till Friday night to have a "real" Thanksgiving meal, we went and ate the next best American-thing... pizza!
Here is our beloved pizza place, the Kro's Nest, with the biggest and most satisfying pizzas I have ever had. Pictured below is the "kiss of death" (lots of garlic!).


A handful of students spent all week preparing our traditional thanksgiving meal. I had my doubts, especially since they had to feed 100+ students, roommates, and teachers, but they blew me away. The food was soooooo delicious and so right on. It was great!


My plate, which i finished, thank you! Spicy pumpkin soup, smashed potatoes, yams, salad, corn, deviled eggs, turkey, stuffing, mac'n'cheese, green beans, carrots, cookies, brownies, and a most delicious pumpkin pie. Notice the chopsticks on the right. That was the only thing un-American about this meal.


My roommate's first Thanksgiving! I actually found it quite surprising that this was the majority of the teachers and roommates first time EVER to eat turkey!

Ok, so she didnt like the soup, but she loooooooooooved the gravy. Kept going back for seconds so she could put it on everything on her plate.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments: