Sunday, September 9, 2007

New Semester New People

Hi all.

Just finished my first week of school. I placed into level 260, which is essentially beginning 3rd year students. That's encouraging because it tentatively shows that my language skills have improved by a years worth over the summer!

Well, in about 10 minutes I'm leaving to go see the Beijing Pop Festival. Not pop, but rock'n'roll. (They only call it pop so the govt will approve the event). I'll be seeing a bunch of Chinese bands in addition to the Ramones (or just one Ramone (Marky)) and Nine Inch Nails. The fact that the govt allowed NIN to come to China is crazy in itself, given the extreme nature of the content of their songs. Can't wait to see what its like. They expect about 30-40,000 people to attend between yesterday and today.

Anways, will write back later. :-)

No comments: